About Camber Collective
Camber Collective is a mission-driven strategy consulting firm dedicated to helping philanthropic, governmental, nonprofit, and mission-driven private sector organizations create a thriving future for people and communities around the world. Applying advanced research methodologies and strategy tools, we help clients understand complex social and systemic challenges, develop strategies to address those challenges, and form effective coalitions of partners to execute those strategies. We hold ourselves accountable to those we serve and those impacted by our work – their voices and needs are firmly at the center of the work we do.
Our clients include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the William & Flora Hewlett Foundation, the MacArthur Foundation, USAID, the World Bank, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, Wellcome Trust, among many others. We work across the social impact sector including in global and domestic health, shared prosperity, climate and environment, and democracy and governance. Our public facing work has been covered by the mainstream media, including the New York Times, Chicago Tribune, San Francisco Chronicle, The Economist, Time, The Guardian, the Stanford Social Innovation Review and many others.
Camber is headquartered in Seattle with offices in San Francisco and Paris. Our 30-person team is comprised of leaders from the social and health sectors and management consultants formerly from top firms such as MonitorDeloitte, McKinsey, Bain, and Boston Consulting Group. We actively serve our communities as coaches, board members, mentors, and volunteers.
We are working to ensure a strong firm culture which is equitable and inclusive and enables people to grow and build meaningful careers in the social sector while maintaining work-life balance. Learn more about us on our About Us page.
Engagement Manager Job Description
We’re recruiting for an Engagement Manager in our Seattle or San Francisco office. Key responsibilities for the Engagement Manager position include:
- Leading the design and delivery of client engagements to ensure that our work is driving insights, answers to clients’ core strategic questions, and social impact
- Structuring and developing client deliverables that are logically sound and analytically rigorous
- Overseeing and managing high performance teams of consultants and research partners in the delivery of client engagements
- Developing and maintaining productive client relationships and contributing to business development
- Participating in strategic planning, growth and operations initiatives, and management of the firm
Excellent candidates for this position will have:
- 8+ years of professional experience, including 2+ years at a strategy consulting firm (McKinsey, BCG, Bain, MonitorDeloitte, or similar); experience in one of Camber’s sectors is also desirable
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA), or similar advanced degree
- Proven ability to author exceptional C-Suite ready strategy documents
- Experience providing overall leadership and driving team performance in the delivery of complex client-service engagements
- High level of emotional intelligence and exceptional communication and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated interest in global and/or domestic social impact sector
- English language fluency; fluency in additional languages is desirable
If you’re interested in a strategy consulting career with purpose, please submit an application, cover letter, and resume. Candidates interested in our Seattle office should apply here; candidates interested in our San Francisco office should apply here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with initial review beginning May 3rd, 2021.