ABOUT CAMBER COLLECTIVE
Camber Collective is a mission-driven strategy consulting firm dedicated to helping philanthropic, governmental, nonprofit, and mission-driven private sector organizations create a thriving future for people and communities around the world.
Applying advanced research methodologies and strategy tools, we help clients understand complex social and systemic challenges, develop strategies to address those challenges, and form effective coalitions of partners to execute those strategies. We hold ourselves accountable to those we serve and those impacted by our work – their voices and needs are firmly at the center of the work we do.
Our clients include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the William & Flora Hewlett Foundation, the MacArthur Foundation, USAID, the World Bank, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, Wellcome Trust, among many others. We work across the social impact sector including in global and domestic health, shared prosperity, climate and environment, and democracy and governance. Our public facing work has been covered by the mainstream media, including the New York Times, Chicago Tribune, San Francisco Chronicle, The Economist, Time, The Guardian, the Stanford Social Innovation Review and many others.
Camber is headquartered in Seattle with offices in San Francisco and Paris. Our team is comprised of leaders from the social and health sectors and management consultants formerly from top firms such as MonitorDeloitte, McKinsey, Bain, and Boston Consulting Group. We actively serve our communities as coaches, board members, mentors, and volunteers.
We are working to ensure a strong firm culture which is equitable and inclusive and enables people to grow and build meaningful careers in the social sector while maintaining work-life balance. Learn more about us on our About Us page.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re recruiting for a hands-on Finance Manager in our Seattle office. As a Finance Manager, you will provide leadership in managing and executing the financial management, planning and analysis of the company. You will identify, prioritize, and develop systems, policies and procedures that help develop efficiency and consistency in day-to-day practices and allow Camber to scale with growth.
Key responsibilities for the Finance Manager position include:
- Analyze and interpret financial data and metrics, analyze financial results, plans, budgets, and forecasts, and develop insights and recommendations based on analysis
- Develop a firm budget and financial plan in partnership with Director of Finance and Operations and Management Team
- Communicate financial results, providing insights by understanding key business drivers and trends
- Create financial forecasts based on historical trends
- Provide budgeting support for project proposals and amendments
- Troubleshoot financial issues as they arise
- Lead all accounting operations including billing/invoicing, A/R, A/P, GL, expense reimbursement, cost accounting and revenue recognition
- Oversee and process payroll and support benefits administration in partnership with Director of Finance and Operations
- Ensure adherence to local, state, and federal financial laws, guidelines and tax filings and payments
- Mange month-end and year-end close process
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a quarterly and annual basis
- Liaison with and manage relationships with external vendors and banking partners
- Maintain /create chart of accounts
- Execute ad-hoc financial and operational analysis and projects as needed
Excellent candidates for this role will have:
- Undergraduate degree completed in business finance, accounting, or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience with financial and budgetary responsibilities
- CPA, CFA, or similar certification is preferred but not required
- Ability to effectively address complex and sensitive issues, maintain confidentiality and use discretion
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding analytical and problem-solving aptitude
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- High level of emotional intelligence and strong communication and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated interest in global and/or domestic social impact sector
- Intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a good sense of humor
- Experience with QuickBooks a plus
The salary range for this position is $100,000 to $110,000 depending on experience.
Camber offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 100% employer-paid medical and vision insurance, voluntary dental insurance, paid time off and sick leave, IRA with employer contribution, annual $500 health reimbursement arrangement as well as flexible spending accounts for dependent care and transit and a commitment to professional development and growth.
Camber is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive environment in our workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We offer employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re interested in a career with purpose, please submit an application, cover letter and resume here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with an initial review beginning June 9.