ABOUT CAMBER COLLECTIVE
Camber Collective is a purpose-driven strategy consulting firm that partners globally with nonprofit, philanthropic, governmental, and private-sector organizations to address today’s most urgent challenges – systemically, sustainably, and equitably. We apply advanced research methodologies and strategy tools to help clients understand complex social and systemic challenges and opportunities, develop high-impact bespoke strategies, and form effective coalitions of partners to execute those strategies. We hold ourselves accountable to those we serve and those impacted by our work – their voices and needs are firmly at the center of the work we do.
Representative clients include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Center for American Progress, the Seattle Foundation, USAID, CDC, Medicines360, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, the Center for Global Development, the World Bank, and many others. We work across the social impact sector including in global and domestic health, shared prosperity, climate and environment, and democracy and governance. Our public facing work has been covered by the mainstream media, including the New York Times, Chicago Tribune, San Francisco Chronicle, The Economist, Time, The Guardian, the Stanford Social Innovation Review, and many others.
Camber is headquartered in Seattle with offices in San Francisco, Washington, DC, and Paris. Our 40-person team is comprised of leaders from the social and health sectors who bring experience from places like Innovations for Poverty Action, the Baltimore City Health Department, and the Institute for Reproductive Health, as well as management consultants formerly at firms such as Monitor Deloitte, McKinsey, Bain, and Boston Consulting Group. We actively serve our communities as coaches, board members, mentors, and volunteers.
Camber works consistently to foster a culture of belonging that enables people to grow and build meaningful careers in the social sector while maintaining work-life balance. Learn more about us, our values, and our commitment to equity at www.cambercollective.com.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re recruiting Consultants for our Seattle, San Francisco, and Washington, DC offices. Key responsibilities for the Consultant position include:
- Designing and executing complex qualitative and quantitative analysis, building tools, synthesizing research into comprehensive summaries and communicating results
- Preparing client deliverables including strategy presentation materials, executive memos, and supporting documents; and supporting client meetings
- Supporting the project team by developing workplan, identifying bottlenecks and coordinating with related workstreams and stakeholders
- Supporting business development, recruiting, equity and belonging, and other priority initiatives within Camber
Excellent candidates for this position will have:
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving aptitude
- Demonstrated interest in global and/or domestic social impact sectors
- High level of emotional intelligence and strong communication and facilitation skills
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, self-awareness, and desire to be on a journey of continual improvement and innovation
- Experience in, or understanding of, the communities Camber and our clients serve is a plus, but not required
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in a consulting firm, with government agencies, foundations, non-for-profit organizations, or the private sector
- Undergraduate degree
- Master’s degree in a related field (e.g., MPH, MPP, MPA) or equivalent experience
- English language fluency; working proficiency or fluency in other languages is a plus
Compensation for this role includes Base Salary and Profit Share Bonus, and the Annual Total Range for compensation is $100,000-$110,000.
Camber offers a generous benefits package, including 100% employer-paid medical and vision insurance, voluntary dental insurance, paid time off and sick leave, IRA with employer contribution, annual health reimbursement arrangement as well as flexible spending accounts for dependent care and transit, and an annual professional development stipend.
We know that Race, Ethnicity, Gender, Sexual Orientation and other dimensions of identity have historically impacted equitable compensation as well as candidates’ comfort in negotiating compensation and job titles during a recruitment process. To mitigate this risk, Camber has a transparent compensation policy. As such, we do not engage in compensation or job title negotiations with candidates during our recruitment processes.
If you’re interested in a strategy consulting career with purpose, please submit your application online here. Applications are due by October 5, 2022 at 11:59pm PDT. The anticipated start date for this role is March 2023 or September 2023 depending on candidates graduation date and availability.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to equity and inclusion, with a strong culture that values impact, evidence and insights, service leadership and professional development. All applicants and employees will enjoy equality of opportunity without regard to race, color, age, religion, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, prior protected activity. We especially encourage candidates of color and people from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Successful candidates must currently be legally authorized to work in the country for which they are applying.