ABOUT CAMBER COLLECTIVE
Camber Collective is a purpose-driven strategy consulting firm that partners globally with nonprofit, philanthropic, governmental, and private-sector organizations to address today’s most urgent challenges – systemically, sustainably, and equitably. We apply advanced research methodologies and strategy tools to help clients understand complex social and systemic challenges and opportunities, develop high-impact bespoke strategies, and form effective coalitions of partners to execute those strategies. We hold ourselves accountable to those we serve and those impacted by our work – their voices and needs are firmly at the center of the work we do.
Representative US Health clients include Providence Health & Services, City of Hope, Premera Blue Cross, HealthierHere, First Choice Health Plan, the WA Department of Health, and others. In addition to US Health, we work across the social impact sector including in global health, shared prosperity, climate and environment, and democracy and governance. Our public-facing work has been covered by the mainstream media, including the New York Times, Chicago Tribune, San Francisco Chronicle, The Economist, Time, The Guardian, the Stanford Social Innovation Review, and many others.
Camber is headquartered in Seattle with offices in San Francisco, Washington, DC, and Paris. Our 40-person team is comprised of leaders from the social and health sectors who bring experience from places like places like Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, the Baltimore City Health Department, and the Veteran’s Administration / Military Health, as well as management consultants formerly at firms such as Monitor Deloitte, McKinsey, Bain, and Boston Consulting Group. We actively serve our communities as coaches, board members, mentors, and volunteers.
Camber works consistently to foster a culture of belonging that enables people to grow and build meaningful careers in the social sector while maintaining work-life balance. Learn more about us, our values, and our commitment to equity at www.cambercollective.com.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re recruiting for a Full-Time or Part-Time Director in our Washington, DC office to grow our US Health sector consulting work. Specifically, we are seeking an individual to help expand our impact and client base of private sector, philanthropic, nonprofit, and government entities focused on care delivery, financing (e.g., payors), health policy, life sciences, digital health, and public health. Our current US health areas of focus include:
- Aligning financial incentives: Expanding access to care by accelerating the shift toward value-based reimbursement and supporting strategies that increase coverage and care options for patients
- Developing equitable care delivery models: Catalyzing disruptive innovations and digital transformation that improves patient value, experience and outcomes within the healthcare system
- Building healthy communities: Supporting private, government, and philanthropic partners to improve social services and public health
The Director will build business relationships, identify consulting project opportunities, and scope proposals for projects to be delivered with fellow Camber team members. The Director works collaboratively with other Directors, Partners, and team members
Key responsibilities for the Director position include:
- Build our brand recognition, positioning, and impact in the US health sector through business development, market awareness activities, and delivery of strategy consulting projects
- Reflect Camber values in business development, market awareness, project delivery, and team management efforts
- Collaborate with the full Camber management team to define joint project portfolios and market awareness building opportunities between our five sectors (e.g., health and climate; health and shared prosperity)
- Develop the US health sector knowledge and expertise of Camber team members
- Co-lead implementation and evolution of Camber’s US health theory of influence, business development strategy, eminence and market awareness, and external communications, in collaborative and mentorship model with management team and other team members
- As needed and desired, support management and/or advisory oversight of in-flight projects; serving as a content expert, building transformative relationships with clients, and providing strategic leadership and guidance to Camber project teams
Excellent candidates for this position will have:
- 10+ years of selling and delivering client-facing projects, with progressively increasing experience in business development
- 5+ years in strategy and management within the US health sector, ideally with specific expertise and network strength in one or more of the payor, provider, digital health, or government health sub-sectors
- Deep knowledge of existing issues, policies, trends, technologies, and key players within the US health sector
- Extensive existing relationships with key private sector, government, and/or philanthropic and nonprofit organizations and individuals in the sector that can be leveraged from day 1 to cultivate new consulting business opportunities
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills, a great sense of judgment, and ability to make decisions and recommendations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with our team of consultants and contractors who advise senior leaders on strategy design and development
- Effective coaching skills and a track record of successfully leading teams and mentoring junior staff
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite experience required)
- Experience with cross-geography collaboration
- English language fluency; working proficiency or fluency in other languages is a plus
Compensation for this role includes Base Salary, Profit Share, and Bonuses, and the Annual Total Compensation target range for a Full-Time employee is $230,000 – $310,000 (compensation will be pro-rated for Part-Time employees). Please indicate in your cover letter your preference for Part-Time or Full-Time role. If Part-Time, please indicate preferred time allocation (e.g., 50%).
Camber offers a generous benefits package, including 100% employer-paid medical and vision insurance, voluntary dental insurance, paid time off and sick leave, IRA with employer contribution, annual health reimbursement arrangement as well as flexible spending accounts for dependent care and transit, and an annual professional development stipend.
We know that Race, Ethnicity, Gender, Sexual Orientation and other dimensions of identity have historically impacted equitable compensation as well as candidates’ comfort in negotiating compensation and job titles during a recruitment process. To mitigate this risk, Camber has a transparent compensation policy. As such, we do not engage in compensation or job title negotiations with candidates during our recruitment processes.
If you’re interested in a strategy consulting career with purpose, please submit your application online here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through October 7, 2022 at 11:59pm PDT.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to equity and inclusion, with a strong culture that values impact, evidence and insights, service leadership and professional development. All applicants and employees will enjoy equality of opportunity without regard to race, color, age, religion, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, prior protected activity. We especially encourage candidates of color and people from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Successful candidates must currently be legally authorized to work in the country for which they are applying.